Tuesday 27 February 2007

Stealing










Have already talked about white collar crime , stealing generally is thought about as something that poor people do . Its quite often it is drug related . There are no two ways about it- it is wrong . In writing for children we've been adapting The hoarde of the gibbelins - it has a very voilent end and a strong message that stealing is wrong and those who do it will be punished. Somewhere along the way the lines have blurred and we have forgotten what's right and what's wrong -I had a moped stolen once and you would have thought I was the criminal for the amount of grief I had to go through to get my money back from the insurance company - in the end I gave up & sometimes I think that's what society has done . Everywhere you see signs saying 'do not leave your valuables on show ' you rarely see a sign in public place ( except in shops ) its wrong to steal and if you do you will be punished.

No comments: