Thursday 8 March 2007

Smoking


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hope you like the pic! - I thought it was quite amusing . Not long to go now . look at the Governments slightly biassed website and you can see the countdown. Personally I can't wait till 1st July , I hate being in smoky environments - I suppose we are living in a 'nanny state' a bit and next it will be a day when farting in public is banned , not such a bad thing I'm sure you agree and it would be good for the planet !
I have ben looking at the Govt.'s website and there are some interesting loopholes and ambiguities in the legislation which will mean that publicans who still want to allow their customers to smoke could install a telephone box, since it is perfectly legal to smoke in one! They could also pay all their customers a nominal sum and claim that they are ‘performing artists’ ( p1ss artists you might think ! ) or more interestingly imprison them all ( i.e. a lock in - could that be 'false' imprisonment!?) since it is legal to smoke in a prison. You might think ‘surely they can trust a prisoner to pop outside for a ‘fag’ break and come back! ‘
======
I read Saint Alfredo's smoking blog with nostalgic amusement . I too am sadly old enough to remember those cinemas and even worse tube trains in London and people going for 4 pints at lunch and going back to work in the afternoon and not getting the sack for doing it cause we were obviously far more sociable in those days! - catch your nostalgia fix here.

No comments: